7.21.24 Bridgeport, Chicago

 My family and I have watched this family of Red-tailed Hawks since February of 2024. Please see the history on the Back of the Yards Red-tailed Hawks page. 

On our way to the McKinley Park Peregrines, my dad spotted a Red-tailed Hawk on a lamp post at the side of the bridge we were driving over! We drove back around to get pictures of this Red-tail twice. I believe this hawk is the male parent of the Back of the Yards Red-tails, so it was really cool to get some close pictures of him. It was an amazing experience to have with my family. This hawk was at eye level about 20 feet away, and it felt like it could fly at us at any point! It was my mom's birthday today, and this beautiful hawk just made it more special. I love you mom!

Red-tailed Hawk father from the Back of the Yards RTH family






Comments