6.13.24 McKinley Park, Chicago, IL

  Please be aware, this post has content of the Peregrine Falcons with prey.


On 6.13.24 my mother, father, brother and I visited this McKinley Park industrial building area to check on the Peregrine Falcon family at 8:03 AM. The Peregrine Falcon nestling was in the window. The first fledgling was reported to have been taken to Willowbrook. See 6.11.24 post. I later returned with my father at 6:25PM. The second and last Peregrine Falcon offspring (pictured below) either fledged the night of 6.13 or the next morning. We did not see it until my father returned at dusk on 6.14. I took pictures of the Fledgeling the next morning 6.15.   

See more about these Peregrine Falcons on my McKinley Peregrines page.  


8:07AM Peregrine Falcon nestling (female)

8:07AM Peregrine Falcon nestling (female)

8:17AM Peregrine Falcon parent (male)

8:23AM Peregrine Falcon parent (female) and nestling (female)


8:27 AM Peregrine Falcon parent (female)

9:24M Peregrine Falcon nestling (female)

9:26AM Peregrine Falcon nestling (female)

9:26AM Peregrine Falcon nestling (female) exercising her wings

6:29PM Peregrine Falcon parent (male) resting

6:57PM Peregrine Falcon parent (female)

6:57PM Peregrine Falcon nestling (female)

6:58PM Peregrine Falcon parent (male)

6:59PM Peregrine Falcon parent (male) plucking a pigeon


Comments